Monday, November 14, 2005

Paintball @ Sunway Extreme Park

For you guys who did not come for this wonderful event organized by http://www.project-privilege.blogspot.com , here are some updates on what happen...

Arrived at the place at about 1.30PM after some problems finding the place as there were revamping the roads there. Signed up and paid what I have pledged earlier. After a while, we went for some test rounds... Cool! this things were more powerful than I thought. (320kmph! according to the marshall in charge) But 50 rounds of bullets isn't that much.

After some a short briefing session, it was time for the WAR to begin! The mission was to shoot down 2 bottles(at the enemy's location) and collect 3 flags back to base (without getting shot at that is). The terrain is quite intesting as there were like 3 levels, 1st one being the leveled field, 2nd one will be a 45 degree slope going down to the sandy 3rd level. We were divided into 2 groups.

Round 1

Our Group, Team A ( as you can see in the pic) had a short strategy discussion and we were off! I was in charge of going down to the 3rd level to get the flag there (1 flag at each level) after the bottles were shot down. Take no prisoners! The siren was heard and I went straight down the slope and reached one of the bunkers at the 3rd level (whew... it's hard to breathe with this masks on) . Before I knew it the bottles were already shot down (Good Work team!) now it's time for me to grab the flag and run. Armed with only 50 rounds, I had to use it wisely. After a few shots, I was getting more attention than I was asking for! bullets were flying all around me, some hit the sand and splattered on my shirt. I can hear endless bullets hitting the bunker wall that I was hiding behind of. After some waiting, and some return fire, I dashed for the flag and ran back to base. Whoa... that was tiring....haven't done much execise lately....(or might be because of the 4am Karoake session the night before) Had a short rest at the base and met one of the guys who brought the flag from level 1. There was only 1 flag left now! So we went in again for the final flag on the 2nd level with the 45 degree slope. The guy (sorry bro! I'm no good with names) was to grab the flag while I cover him. He's fast man... got the flag and went back to base. The siren was sounded and that is the end of round 1. We've WON!!!

Everyone came out after that to get some drinks and rest. Before going in I had to refill another 50 rounds as I almost went in with blanks....

Round 2
"same strategy this time" somebody said. So I went down to the same 3rd level, aimed at one of the bottles and shot 1 of it down. Someone else got the second bottle after that. This time around I wasn't getting as much attention as before cos most of the activity was on the 1st level, so I dashed for the flag again and ran for cover. Got the flag to base and met the same guy again with the second flag. Just when stepping in the base a stray bullet hit the back of my head! Ouch... Wiped my head and was ready to get someone this time. I was at the 1st level this time, saw Terrence (if I remember correctly his name) dashed for the flag but shot in the arm...Ouch! I slipped down to the 2nd level after that and hid behind and "L" shaped bunker with a opening in the middle, Nice! Peeped through the opening and saw one of the enemies running for their flag... I fired quite a few shots before I could get him (at his waist, Sorry bro, know that must've hurt...) After a while, Liza from out team (nice work!) got the last flag, and... Victory! again... 2-0 Muahahahaha. (All this years of Counter-Strike games paid off I guess)

A bit sad that I had to leave early as I had an appointment with a friend as well as dinner with my family. I heard that there were having a few more rounds after that, fully sponsored some more.... some went for the Go-kart as well. Sigh... well I guess there's always next time...

All in all, the adrenalin rush was something I've been looking for sometime now. Really Fun! and all of this for Charity! which makes it even more meaningful. Kudos to the people behind Project Privilege.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey enemy.

it was good clean fun huh?! hmm.. mebbe not so clean la since most of us died like dunno how many times.. we were bleeding rainbow colours. haha.

didnt expect you to take off that soon. wanted to take pics together mah.

ppl this fella here quite sharp shooter man. well judging from his aims at the non-moving targets at the target practice area la. he better be on my team i tot. but it was not meant to be.. hahahah.

i declare war! rematch!

Chun said...

Hiya dead enemy... heheheheh

So how was the last few matches after I was gone.

Hmm... not sharp enuff, almost gotcha in the face.... hahahaha

Rematch? Bring it on!

Chun said...

Well... duh...

As usual... you'll say it's my fault that I didn't force you to go right Adam?

lee-n said...

aiyah... ADAM... you know I know lah.. don't have to blame YC lah.. HOR????

lee-n said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hello team mate..
Was reading your story and i could recall those moments vividly. It was sure one great game, huh? Kudos to you for being a sharp shooter although i remember you said,"I never played this game before!"

If i have a match in the future, i will definitely get you in my team!

Cheers!

HazeHaters said...

waaah guys..so nice to hear fun feedback like this..hehehe..
Glad you guys had a good time, really appreciate you being there!
Sorry for such late updates on the site...ive been running around like a woof. Keep checkin site k i promise more pictures soon!!
once again thanks, and keep safe and healthy, may no stray bullets come your way...

cheers nd the very BEST wishes...
laych
project-privilege.blogspot.com

Chun said...

whoa... didn't know there were so many comments...sorry... was in Phuket the last few days... just came back yesterday... have yet to update on my phuket trip...

Anonymous said...

the last two matches? we took on this 3 child soldiers and their father. the father's 2 friends and 3 of us gals on one team and 3 innocent looking boys and their dad on the other?? they pay for our ammo?! team that gets two outta three wins. something didnt smell right man.

we were slaughtered nicely in the first round. eek. i knew it. the marshalls were telling us the boys were regulars.

so we tot ok.. its do or die in round two! we had a radical plan.. hey waita minute.. im not about to reveal my war strategies with the enemy am i? muahahha.

suffice to say in round two we gave them quite a match i think. still we lost to them child soldiers. you shoulda seen us.. they walked away with hardly any paint on them.. yanti got one to her mouth.. she ate orange paint man. me? i kept gettin shots to the head.

i cant help but feel we were just hired game/prey for the hunter dad and his 3 boys. it did got us thinkin and strategizing more la...

oh btw.. didya see the acknowledgement on proj-privilege? they got my name wrong..! tian yen is my younger sis' name. er laych if youre readin this.. hehheh. couldnt post a comment on proj-privilege cos only bloggers allowed.

~y3nch1ng~ said...

Hello, google for Extreme Park and come across your blog.

You only go for the Paintball activity? I heard there are other activities like ATV, flying fox, etc.

I bought the entrance ticket for the Extreme Park, do I still need to pay for those activities??

Chun said...

wah.. didn't expect any comments after so many years.. i think the one i went (in Sunway) is already closed... saw new apartments/condo coming up...

maybe u're referring to a different location?